Find what you are looking for at CrapsPit.org
This page will help you find great content that you may otherwise not realize we have covered! On the craps blog section of the website we have a search box but many times, someone new to the game has no idea what to search for.
Craps Math and Statistics
- The Basic Math of Craps: Required Understanding for Smart Players: To fully understand the game of craps, you must understand the basic math behind it.
- The Importance of Knowing How to Calculate the House Advantage : Except for the Free Odds bet, every other craps bet has a built-in house advantage (i.e., casino advantage) over you. How does the casino get its advantage, and how do we calculate it?
- Distribution Variance Is Our Weapon Against the Casino : Craps is a game of math. It’s all about statistics. The game is designed with the math stacked against you. Knowing that fact, let’s find a way to use statistics against the casino.
- Don’t Let the Gambler’s Fallacy Hook You : This article doesn’t try to earn you a PhD in statistics, so don’t think you won’t understand it because you were terrible at math. We explain the concept using real-life situations so it’s easy to understand. If you want to be a consistent winner in the casino, whether live or online, you must never let yourself be influenced by this phenomenon.
- The “Gambler’s Fallacy” Clarified : “What exactly do you mean when you say past outcomes don’t affect future outcomes, and how does that affect whether a certain number is due to hit?” Let’s see if we can clear this up.
- Response to a Post about “Gambler’s Fallacy” Clarified : A user posted a comment stating that Gambler’s Fallacy is “bad theory, poor mathematics, unreasonable statistics and pure nonsense.” we felt the need to create a new post to respond.
The Craps Table etc
- The Craps Table Layout : A standard craps table layout comprises two sections: 1) side section (there are two identical side sections, one on each end of the table), and 2) center section. Each side section is manned by a dealer.
- The Craps Table and Its Primary Elements : Anyone who’s strolled through a full-service casino has likely seen a craps table. In this article, we’ll not only learn about the table itself.
- The Table Crew : The crew for a standard-size casino craps table comprises five people: one boxman and four dealers.
- The Proper Way to Get and Protect Your Chips at a Craps Table : Get your buy-in money ready before you even leave your hotel room. Take your buy-in amount out of your wallet and place it in one of your front pants pockets.
- Your Table Position Can Make or Break Your Playing Experience : If you want in the game, then you have to suck it up and squeeze in between the fat drunk and the obnoxious jerk. The people on either side of you can influence your mood and your entire experience at the table.
- Proper Etiquette at the Craps Table : Displaying craps etiquette is little more than using your common sense and being courteous. Your craps playing time will be much more fun if you simply use your head and be nice.
- Craps Felt, Craps Dice & Craps Stick – All on Amazon : Believe it or not, you can get pretty much anything over at Amazon. If you wish to practice throwing the dice, and learning to play the game. Head over to Amazon!
- Craps Odds – Craps Odds Explained
Learning to Play Craps
- Craps Rules : Added this page to help beginners get started with the craps rules and from it, I link out to the articles on specific bets and such.
- The Simple Fundamentals of Craps : Here’s an obvious but very important piece of advice that will save you money: never play craps, either live or online, without knowing how to play the game.
- Have the Proper Attitude for Playing Craps : If you gamble, you must accept the fact that you have a fair chance of losing. Casinos are in business to make a profit, and they make huge profits off people who don’t know what they’re doing.
- The Wisdom of Setting Win/Loss Limits : Most so-called gambling “experts” agree that we should always set win/loss limits and have the discipline to stick to them. I don’t agree with the word “always,” particularly with win limits.
- How to Properly Plan and Budget Your Gambling Vacation : During your Vegas vacation, nothing is worse than going broke the first day. A little advanced planning helps.
- Don’t Fight a Cold Table, Adapt to It : Few things make you feel as lousy as when you’re playing the Pass Line at a cold craps table. The distribution variance has turned against you and nothing goes your way as you lose every bet you make.
- Know When to Quit : The longer you gamble, the more you increase the chance that the casino will take your money. That’s a simple fact. Accept it.
- Never Surrender If the Dice Don’t Cooperate : Just as you’ll experience hot rolls at the table where you can win gobs of money, you’ll also experience cold streaks where you might lose a big chunk of your buy-in. Don’t let those cold streaks discourage you.
- What Does It Mean to “Color” at the Craps Table? : When playing craps you might hear slight variations of the term “color”, but they’re all fundamentally the same. For example, the most common forms are Color, Color In, Color Out, and Color Up. Find out what it means and why do players do it?
- How to Win at Craps : Providing you with seven winning strategies to get you $ while playing craps.
- Tipping the Dealers : You ask, “You mean I have to tip the dealers?” No, you don’t have to, but you should when they’re helpful or making your time at the table more enjoyable.
- Your Rewards for Tipping the Dealers : We talked about tipping the dealers in another article, so this article focuses on why we should tip them. You think, “Why in the world should I tip the dealers, especially when I’m losing?” The answer may surprise you.
- When and How to Tip the Dealers : In this article, you’ll learn how to give a tip so you don’t look like a newbie. If you’re new to the game and don’t understand the bets and lingo mentioned in this article, that’s okay because you’ll get the general idea of how and when to tip.
- How dealers keep track of everyone’s bets : How in the world do the dealers keep track of everyone’s bets? It’s actually a very well organized and simple process based on each player’s table position.
- Are Crooked Dice an Issue at a Live Table? Nowadays, as long as you play at a reputable casino, you don’t have to worry about crooked dice that favor the casino.
- What’s the Proper Technique for Rolling the Dice? : This article applies only when playing at a live craps table. When playing online, you simply click the “Roll the Dice” button and the computer simulates a roll usually with cool sound effects.
- The Dice Control Scam: Don’t Fall for It! : Let’s be clear from the start. “Dice control” or “dice setting” is pure nonsense.
- Golden Touch Craps: Our Review and Opinion of GoldenTouchCraps.com : our opinions on the methods being taught at the golden touch craps site.
- Dice Setting at Craps – Avoid the Scam Courses : Believe it or not, people are paying hefty amounts to learn dice setting. Save your money and avoid it!
- Does the Casino Use Loaded Craps Dice? No, they do not. The answer deserves a more complex discussion.
- Hedging Your Bets: Don’t Do It! : “Hedging” is when a player makes one bet with the false belief that it can “protect” another bet.
- Always Be Aware and Carefully Watch Your Bets and Payoffs : Most dealers are good in terms of skill, speed, accuracy, and personality; however, they’re human and even the best ones make mistakes. Get in the habit of paying attention to your chips on the table.
- Which Bets are Good and Which Bets are Bad? : The only weapon you have against the casino is your brain.
- Winning Systems and Craps Pros – No Such Things : There’s no such thing as a consistently winning craps system. Accept it.
- How to Bet to Minimize Losses and Be Around for the Hot Roll : The approach allows me to lose less money over longer periods of time, which gives me a better chance of being at the table when a hot roll appears.
- The Crapspit’s Preferred Strategy for Playing the Game : Here is our preferred craps system. Enjoy!”
- The Fastest Winning Craps Strategy
- Best Budget Craps Strategies
CRAPS Systems & Strategies
- Iron Cross Craps : It is regularly used by professional craps players in both online and live casinos.
- Another post on the Iron Cross Craps System
- DP Pressure Craps System: a way to take advantage of a cold table. You will be able to make vast sums of money with this system.
- The Tower Craps System: The Tower craps system focuses on the place bets that can pay out on every single roll.
- Triple Lux Craps System: The Triple Lux craps system has been known to produce a profit of $24,000 when used properly.
- 6 and 8 Power Pressing Place Bets in Craps
- $200 Craps Strategy
- The Hammerlock Craps System
- 135 Craps Strategy
- Learn the Basic Pass Line Bet Before All Others : Understanding the game basics will make understanding the Pass Line and other bets a lot easier.
- The Place Bet: My Favorite Bet on the Table : You can make a Place bet on any of the point numbers, which are the 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10. As with most other bets on the table, the Place bet plays against the 7.
- The Lay Bet : The Lay bet is basically opposite of the Buy bet. You bet that a 7 will appear before one of the point numbers (i.e., 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10). Let’s review the true odds for each point number against the 7.
- Taking and Laying the Odds in Craps
- Is the Field a Sucker Bet? We evaluate whether the Field bet is considered good or bad based on its house advantage, which depends on how the casino configures the bet.
- The Hardway Bets : You bet the “Hardway” only on the 10, 8, 6, or 4 such that it will appear before either the “easy way” or a 7.
- The 2, 3, 11, and 12 Bets : The table layout’s center section has separate boxes for you to make proposition bets on the 2, 3, 11, and 12. Each is a discrete one-roll bet (i.e., not a “standing” bet).
- The Big 8 and Big 6 Bets : The Big 8 and Big 6 are such sucker bets that most people don’t bet them, so it’s become uncommon to see them on a craps table anymore.
- The Horn and Whirl Bets : The Horn is a one-roll proposition bet on the 12, 11, 3, and 2.
- The Craps and Eleven Bets : The Craps and Eleven, also known as “C&E,” is a proposition bet on one roll that adds the Eleven to the Any Craps. The “C” portion of a C&E is exactly the same as the Any Craps.
- 3-Way Craps and Over/Under 7 Bets : The 3-Way Craps bet is almost exactly the same as the Any Craps bet. The difference between them is that the 3-Way Craps is three separate bets (i.e., a bet on the 12, a bet on the 3, and another bet on the 2).
- Hop Bets : A “Hop” (or “Hopping”) bet is a proposition bet based on a single roll and is made on a certain combination of the dice.
- The Don’t Pass Bet : Learn all about the don’t pass bet.
- The Buy Bet: Sometimes Good, Sometimes Not so Good : Everything about the Buy bet is the same as the Place bet except that it pays true odds (and you have to pay a price to get those true odds) and your chips go in a different position on the table layout.
- The Come Bet : Come bets work like Pass Line bets, but the key difference between the two is that you make a Pass Line bet before the shooter establishes a point; whereas, you make a Come bet after the shooter establishes a point.
- The Don’t Come Bet : This article assumes you’ve already read our other articles and learned the material regarding the Pass Line, Don’t Pass, and Come bets.
- The Field Bet : The Field is a one-roll bet. they don’t “stand” for repeated rolls; instead, they win or lose on one roll.
- The Any 7 Bet : The term “Any 7” means a 7 can show with any dice combination (i.e., 1-6, 2-5, or 3-4). The Any 7 is also known as “Big Red” and can be printed on the table layout a variety of ways to suit the casino’s preference, such as Any 7, Any Seven, Seven, and Big Red
- The Any Craps Bet : If a craps appears on the roll immediately after making the bet, you win. If a craps doesn’t show, you lose. A “craps” is when the dice show a 2, 3 or 12.
- The Small, Tall, and All Bets : These bets are addictive, especially when players see the bettor win and get paid a hefty payoff. The minimum bet amount is usually only $1.
- The Fire Bet: You hope a single shooter makes at least four unique point numbers without rolling a 7-out.
- When to Buy the 5 and 9 Instead of Placing Them : It is explained in the article about the Place bet and the Buy Bet. However, here you will be provided a real-life example so hopefully inexperienced players don’t fall into the same predicament as the poor guy John Nelsen recently saw at the craps table.
- The “Free Odds” Bet in Craps : We explain the Free Odds bet in detail in our other articles about the Pass Line and Don’t Pass bets. In this article we summarize the material.
Other topics – Mainly online casino related
- Online Craps : Practice craps playing online. We explain why we think it is a good idea to practice at an online casino.
- Check out the Online Craps FAQ
- Online Craps versus Live Craps: Is Playing Online Safe and Fair? Let’s look briefly at some of the key pros and cons of each, and then we’ll talk about the fairness issue.
- Online Casino Bonuses – What You Need To Know : Besides the many positive reasons for playing at an online casino, the biggest attractions online casinos use to bring back their customers are bonuses.
- Download versus Instant Play Games at Online Casinos : When deciding which online casino to play, one of the things to consider is if you want to download the gaming software or go for instant play.
- Banking Methods for Online Casinos : Let’s look at the most common banking methods that online casinos offer.
- What’s So Great about Online Casinos? : Why do so many people like playing at them instead of live ones? Here are a few of the main reasons.
- Independent Review of the Sun Palace Online Casino : Sun Palace offers one of the best Real Time Gaming (RTG) experiences available in the online casino industry.
- Play Craps For Real Money : Five Tips : Before you try playing craps for real money, here are five tips that will increase your chances of being a winner.
- Playing online craps for real money
- How To Beat The Online Casino For Real Money : We provide some tips to better improve chances on winning against the casinos.
- How do you win big money in craps? his is the question that most players want to answer. Here’s a look at some proven methods used by the professionals.
- How To Play at Online Casino – Quick Guide : If you have never gambled online before, there are a few things to know. Here is a quick guide on how to play at online casinos.
- Honest Casino Reviews : Plannning to play craps online ? Be sure to pick a safe, legitimate, and trustworthy online casino.
- $1 $5 $10 Minimum Deposit Casino
- What is a PWA Casino?
- Craps forum
- Craps Gambling
- Play craps online
- Craps multiplayer online
- Craps Game Online – Finding the best craps casino to play craps online
- Online Casinos by Country
- USA Online casinos
- UK online casinos
- India Online casinos
- Canada online casinos
- Australia online casinos
- European online casinos
- South Africa online casinos
- Online craps practice
- Are Electronic Craps Machines Rigged?
- Fast Payout Casino
- VR Online Gambling
Land based Casinos
- UK Land Based Casinos
Craps Game Variations
- Bubble Craps Machines ? A fairly new variety of craps called “Bubble Craps.” Read this article to learn why we avoid this game. It covers the basics of the game and leave it up to you to decide if you want to check it out in the casinos.
- Crapless Craps : Sometimes called “never ever craps” or “ruse craps” & is a variation of the standard game where the player cannot lose on the come-out roll because there are no craps rolls.
- Street Craps : This variation is very different from those of casino craps. Here is a closer look at this colorful version of the world’s favorite fast-paced dice game.
- Private Craps: A Variation of Bank Craps
Destinations to Gamble
Scott and his wife’s trip to Biloxi, Mississippi and their stay at Beau Rivage Hotel. If you plan to travel to Biloxi, it is worth reading. Who knows, you may end up deciding to stay at the Beau Rivage hotel too!
Gambling and Taxes: Pay Them or Pay the Price. : Gambling winnings are taxable. Yes, you must report them on your Form 1040. It doesn’t matter how much or how little your winnings are, you must report them. Perhaps not everyone does, but the law requires you to report your gambling winnings.
Casino Cheats and Thieves: The Simpler the Better : The 3 biggest methods is theft by casino insiders, theft by customers who snatch-and-run, and cheaters at table games, especially the craps tables.
- Craps Scammers Added To The Nevada Black Book: A recent craps incident at the Bellagio in Las Vegas proves that the infamous Black Book is still being used in Nevada to record the names of banned gamblers.
- High Roller Las Vegas : Tallest observatory wheel
- Why is Craps Illegal in California?
- Longest Craps Roll in History : 154 winning craps rolls by Craps Grandma “Patricia Demauro”
- Gambling Myths
- Can You Sue a Casino For Losses
- How to Recover When Losing in Craps
- Payment Methods for Online Casinos
- 10 Craps Secrets No Casino Wants You to Know
- Can You Dispute a Roll in Craps?
- Top TV Shows to Give Online Casino Players a Break
- How to Win at Craps Often
- Should You Bet on Other Shooters?
- Craps Vs. Blackjack what is the difference?
- Top 10 Mistakes of Beginner Craps Players
- The Safe Way to Play Craps
- Using Safe Bets to Win at Craps
- Do Online Casinos Pay
- Benefits from legalized gambling
- Maximize Your Winnings: Expert Tips and Tricks for Online Craps Success
- Virtual Reality Gambling
From the NEWS
- SEPTEMBER 2016 –> Casino gives player $5000 and no paper trail! fraud?
- February 2017 –> Craps Cheaters Go Bust!
- October 2017 –> Craps Machine not paying the full payout odds
- July 2019 –> How Robert Alexander Lost His Millions
- June 2021 –> Casino Refuses to Pay 3 Million USD in Winings
- February 2022 –> Casino tracks down slot jackpot winner
- September 2022 — > Gambler Tries to Rob Craps Game at El Cortez in Las Vegas
- June 2023 ==> Sin City’s Sneaky Gamble: Quartet Busted for High-Stakes ‘Dice Sliding’ Heist
- June 2023 — > Rolling the Dice with Destiny: Michael Jordan’s $5 Million Las Vegas Gambling Fiasco
- September 2023 — > The Palazzo Unveils Luxurious High-Limit Gaming Lounge, with Craps Table
- September 2023 — > AGCO Imposes $80,000 Penalty on Woodbine Casino
Also, don’t forget to check the FREE CRAPS GAME!