Craps Bets Rules – Learn about the Different Craps Bets
Y ou can make a lot of different bets in a craps, but that doesn’t make it difficult to learn the craps rules of the game. I recommend that you start practicing the pass-line bet, and once you get the hang of that you will find it much easier to understand the rest of the craps bet types. The other pages you may want to check is probably the one about Which Bets are Good and Which Bets are Bad? and The Crapspit’s Preferred Strategy for Playing the Game.
- Pass Line Bet : The pass line bet is many craps players’ favorite
- Don’t Pass Line : Considered a “wrong” bet by many, doesn’t matter online.
- Come Bet : Just like a pass line bet, one of the better bets in craps.
- Don’t Come Bet : A reversed come bet, also considered to be “wrong” in the live casino.
- Put Bets : Few people truly know what a Put bet is.
- Odds bets — : Laying or taking of Odds
- Place Bets : My Favorite Bet. Make a Place bet on any of the point numbers.
- Buy Bets : Sometimes a good bet and sometimes not a good bet.
- Lay Bets : The Lay bet is basically opposite of the Buy bet.
- Field Bet
- Big Six and Big Eight
- Hard ways Bet
- Any Craps
- Any 7
- Craps and Eleven Bet : also known as the C&E Bet which is proposition bet.
- The 2, 3, 11, and 12 Craps Bets : Each is a discrete one-roll bet (i.e., not a “standing” bet)
- 3-Way Craps and Over/Under 7 Bets : Over/Under 7 proposition bets are very rare.
- A “Hop” (or “Hopping”) bet : Another proposition bet
- The Horn and Whirl Bets : They go hand in hand.
- The Fire Bet: You hope a single shooter makes at least four unique point numbers without rolling a 7-out.
- The Small, Tall, and All Bets : Fairly new to the craps table, but they’re quickly making their way onto the layouts in casinos across the country. And with good reason.
- The “Free Odds” Bet in Craps : We explain the Free Odds bet in detail in our other articles about the Pass Line and Don’t Pass bets. In this article we summarize the material.
You can also learn how to play craps through Mid Atlantic Dice Company. They teach craps and they also have a book published called “Learn to Play Craps from Part-Time Dice Pros”